We require a 50% non-refundable deposit for all orders due at booking. The final payment is due one week prior to the date of the party or at the time of ordering.
Due to being a small shop, we can only take so many orders per weekend. If an order is cancelled, any payment made on your order is non-refundable and non transferable. If canceled at least 2 weeks (14 days) in advance (based on order date and pick up time) we will be happy to transfer/credit any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date.
Refunds / Exchanges
Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders
Once you or a designated party has picked up an order it is considered "accepted" – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge.
All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of DreaCakesNYC.
Cancellation / Changes
Changes and cancellations to retail orders are accepted until 14 days prior to scheduled pick up time. Any changes after that cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges. No refunds will be provided for any payments made on the order no matter the amount - if canceled at least 7 days in advance we will be happy to transfer any payment made on that order to another order within 3 months from that date. We will provide no other refunds regardless the circumstances, this includes acts of nature, unexpected occurrences, women giving birth prior to baby shower/ gender reveal, separation of parties. 3D Cakes require at least 2 week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake, to change the date, or to cancel. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is cancelled with less notice. This applies to all orders.
- Custom rush orders may not be accepted if the event is less than 14 days away. These orders will be reviewed and booked based on availability. Payment must be made in full when ordering a rush cake. RUSH ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO A RUSH FEE OF 25% OF THE TOTAL COST OF CAKE.
Cake Contracts must be signed prior to payment.
Please do not request a contract/ invoice if you are not payment ready.
Please read your contract before paying deposit as it is not refundable.
- If you do not pay your remaining balance on dated listed, your order will be cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited.
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.
- Delivery is chosen at the time of booking. If the time is not available you may pick another available time slot if not pickup is required. We do not guarantee that pickup times will be available.
- Delivery is mandatory for 3 tiered cakes.
- If you opted to pick up a cake, especially 3 tiers and above, you must sign a pickup waiver relinquishing DreaCakesNYC of all responsibility. You assume full responsibility and will not receive a refund if something happens to the cake.
- Delivery fees will be discussed at booking time. Any tolls will be added to delivery fee and you will be charged from tolls for round trip travel.
- Setup of cakes and treats are free with delivery.
- There will be a charge of $20 per every half hour DreaCakesNYC has to wait at location. Your tardiness prevents us from making timely delivery.
- Please have fridge or cold location available for cake.
- If you are late for pickup a $10 per every half hour will be imposed and is in effect. Your tardiness prevents us from other pickups and/ or deliveries.
All orders are subject to these policies listed above.
If you have any questions or problems with your order please email us at DreaCakesNYC@gmail.com